Dear Baby,
So Mommy is sitting here watching and feeling you kick and move and do whatever you are doing in my belly! I can't believe that tomorrow you will be 39 weeks along, which means in just a week and one day will be your due date! How has the time passed so fast?! I am getting very, very excited to see you for the first time and hold you and hug and kiss you! Even though the whole labor/delivery thing is never the most fun thing in the world because of the pain and all, I have to say that your brother's birth was right up with Daddy's and my wedding day as the most exciting time ever! It's amazing how even thinking back on the pain during your brother's labor, I hardly remember most of it, because all I think about is how exciting it was and how amazing it was to see him for the first time and get to hold him! That is what I'm super excited about with you! It's so crazy to think that you will be here in the next two weeks sometime! Definitely something I have to totally trust God with, though... It's funny how easy it is to sometimes 'plan' things out and figure out when the best day/weekend would be, but I don't even know why I'm doing that because only God knows when you will be coming out! At least I can trust him and know that he knows when you'll be totally ready to enter this world and meet us! So all I can do is wait and enjoy each day that comes... I've been trying to spend lots of good, quality time with your big brother, Daniel, because pretty soon he'll have to learn quickly that Mommy has two little ones to spend time with and he might not understand that for awhile. But, I know that he'll figure it out eventually and he will be a wonderful brother to you! I pray all the time that you two would be amazing siblings and grow up as close friends for life!
I have been having the occasional contraction lately, but nothing really bad so far, so I think tomorrow I might head over to the mall and walk, walk, walk, which is supposed to help contractions come on harder! We'll see if that shows you that I'm ready whenever you are! :o)
We have your room all ready and I have also been trying to keep up with the dishes, cleaning, laundry, etc. so that everything will be ready to go when you decide to come! Your grandma and some other friends of ours will be coming to watch Daniel when Daddy and I go into the hospital, so that is definitely a blessing to have them so I don't have to worry about what will happen with him or where he'll be! That way I can focus on having you and adjusting to a little baby again!
I have definitely been getting bigger lately - or you have been making me bigger lately. :o) I still wonder sometimes if you'll be close to the size Daniel was when he came, but right now I'm thinking you'll be smaller unless I do have another few weeks which means you might just catch up!
We bought your baby book the other day, and I am going to try my very hardest to keep it updated as much as possible over the next few years! Don't feel bad if I do have to skip some pages or get behind somewhat, because I did the same with Daniel's book, too... I just have to occasionally sit down and go through his to try to remember when he did certain things for the first time and all. I just really want to have one for each of our kids, because I loved looking back on mine that my parents kept when I was a baby. :o) I've also been collecting lots of various scrapbook stickers and paper for your album! I haven't started it yet, because I'm trying to catch up a bit more on your brother's first... My goal is to get each of your first years scrapbooked... I'm finished with only the first 6 months of Daniel's so far, so hopefully the rest of his goes a lot faster than the other has gone!
I love you so much, little one!!! I'm praying for you and hope you are doing great and developing and growing the way you need to be right now! We will see you in just days! Love you, love you, love you!!!!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment